INFORMATION FOR PARENTS
Proactive measures are in place at our college, including:
RATs and Face Masks:
Students will also be given COVID-19 care packs that include rapid antigen tests (RATs), face masks and useful information. Please know that additional face masks and RATs will be provided (up to two per week) for the first five weeks of term. Students can collect these from the Distribution centre off the main hall in A Block.
To keep our sites COVID-safe, if students have symptoms and have run out of school issued RATs, we ask that they don’t attend school to collect a RAT. Instead contact the Tasmanian Public Health Hotline on 1800 671 738.
We are looking forward to welcoming parent visitors to Launceston College, however, you must follow these COVID-safe measures:
A RAT is not required to enter the school if you have no symptoms.
Thank you for your patience and kindness towards our staff as we navigate these changes together. We will continually update you of any changes, and we appreciate your flexibility during this time. Our top priority is providing a safe learning environment for students.
If you still have any questions, please contact the college administration or contact the Department of Education COVID Support Hotline at COVID19support@education.tas.gov.au or on 1800 816 057.
INFORMATION FOR STUDENTS
* Please don’t come to college if you’re unwell – this is an important protocol that we will continue to reinforce this year.
* If you become Covid positive, please notify Public Health on their hotline 1800 671 738. Please also contact the LC office on 6332 7777.
* If you are symptomatic – please do not come in to college to collect a RAT. Try and have two RATs on hand at all times.
COVID CARE PACKS
* Students will receive their Covid Care Packs in Home Group.
* These packs contain 2 x RATs and 5 X surgical facemasks.
* Replacements (2 RATs and 5 face masks weekly) can be sought from the distribution centre in A Block (Main Hall) as required.
* All students will need to wear a mask indoors unless you have a medical exemption.
* There will be plenty of mask disposal bins around campus – please use them.
OUTDOOR LEARNING & CUBE LC
* LC staff are planning to include outdoor learning options wherever possible.
* At Cube LC, we are asking that once you purchase items, you then move outside while the weather is fine! If you choose to stay inside, you will need to wear a mask when you are not eating or drinking.